24 Jan 2008

Japanese exhibition in Scotland




Hello.

This is my first blog and I am going to write about the Japanese exhibition, has been running in the UK at the moment. (I am on the photograph above)

As I am one of main contributors for this cultural event, so called "A Glimpse of the floating world" showing Japanese art of the 19th century.

I provide an antique kimono, over 100 years ago in the Meiji era just after the Japanese Restration in 1867 in which you can find more detail below as well as Japanese tea ceremony items in following blogs coming up shortly.


The kimono on display at this museum was worn as part of the Japanese wedding celebration and was designed for the bride to wear on her way home from the wedding ceremony. The style and the colour of the kimono ensured that everyone who saw the new bride in this garment would understand the special occasion.”

Link

  • Meiji Restration
  • kimono

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimono

  • Perth Museum and Art Gallery

http://www.pkc.gov.uk/Education+and+learning/Museums+and+galleries/Perth+Museum+and+Art+Gallery/

Please accept that my English may not be understandable for you.

(I try to improve it!! )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi, i like your blog, good idea!

Ben Hosaka said...

To mon
Hello. Thank you. I will intorduce a variety of Japanese culture through this blog.